We are looking for a fantastic Architect to work with our client for the next 12 months in the delivery of Technical Authoring to define and document the standards, specification and implementation of all API design work, including delivering all required standards and specifications to enable specified APIs to be developed.
You will work on the Management and writing of the standards and specifications for any and all APIs being developed as part of the programme including:-
- Atomic API’s (those of lowest level functionality
- Composite APIs
- Test Harnesses/Stubs
- Mock Client system
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Communications, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience as a technical writer or information developer.
- 5 years of experience creating API, architectural, and other technical-focused documentation.
- 5 years of experience working in a topic-based authoring environment.
- Experience working in a software development environment.
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle and Agile processes.
- Good foundation in programming, API design, and software architecture.
- Experience with source control and bug-tracking systems.
- Proven ability to learn new systems and develop product expertise quickly.
- Significant experience of current commercial standards/specifications; technical requirements and experience delivering Interoperability specifications and standards, and design and delivery process enabling developer resource to deliver API’s in major technology platforms
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Jira, Trello exposure desirable.