We are working on behalf of our nationally recognised Government client based in South Wales, in the search for a Data Analyst who is experienced in Data Analysis and Statistical methods and can use tools such a Python and R and OLAP cubes for a 2-year Fixed Term contract.
You will be experienced in data analysis and statistical methods and use tools such as Python and R, providing guidance and support to statistical production teams for publishing.
You will support the Head of Data Publishing in promoting open standards within the organisation and encourage the release of open data in a timely manner.
Our Data Analyst- Python and R and OLAP Cubes will have the following:
A strong understanding of multidimensional data/OLAP cubes and flat-file representations of such.
• Practical experience of data analysis and statistical methods
• Practical experience with data cleansing
• Practical experience with modern analytical tools R/Python
• Practical experience of mainstream use of a modern script language, e.g. Python
• Working knowledge of information/data visualisation
• Good written communication skills
• Good presentation skills