We are working on behalf of our nationally recognised Government client based in South Wales, in the search for a Graduate Data Analyst / Data Scientist with skills in Python / R and OLAP cubes for a 2 year Fixed Term contract offering up to £27,000 plus fantastic benefits.
As a graduate Data Analyst, you will provide technical support to the Data project. The aim of the project is to develop standard approaches to data publishing across the organisation.
This is a data extraction and transformation role, aiming to take human-readable data sources of varying quality (typically .xls, .xlsx and .csv) and transform them into strictly dimensioned data/OLAP cubes using Python.
The data transformation work will be undertaken using the Pandas and DataBaker Python libraries, with the greater focus on the extraction of Excel data using DataBaker.
- Manage the data acquisition from organisations in the best possible formats, csv, xml or through formats available via machine to machine services such as APIs.
- Responsible for the data extraction, cleaning and manipulation of various spreadsheets into a common data schema.
- The role will help develop and automate new and existing data processes that will be used in future.
- An understanding of multidimensional data/OLAP cubes and flat-file representations of such.
- Experience building ETL processes.
- Some experience working with data, preferably dimensioned data.
- Some of experience working with Python and Pandas.