We are looking for a first class SC cleared Power BI Developer for a large transformation project, working within an agile delivery team to iteratively build and implement a BI service in collaboration with the project team to deliver in Beta.
Contract up to 24 months.
The client has already evaluated various BI tools and chosen Microsoft Power BI as a strategic BI Visualisation Tool. SQL Server is chosen as underlying BI data platform.
The successful candidate will work on:
- Understanding user needs and designing services to support them.
- Develop interactive reports and dashboards for visual insights using Power BI on premises AWS.
- Implement Microsoft SQL databases and data warehouse services to as per the BI design and requirements
- Implement data feeds to private cloud data stores using Data connectors.
- Writing SQL queries
- Document the low level technical details as per the project’s technical governance.
- Carry out and support knowledge transfer to non-technical business unit
Essential skills and experience
- Have demonstrable experience of using Power BI to develop interactive reports and dashboards for visual insights.
- Have demonstrable experience of using Microsoft SQL Server databases and data warehouse services
- Have demonstrable experience of using Data connectors to private cloud data stores
- Adept at writing DAX calculations.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Have demonstrable experience of successfully and collaboratively working, coaching and sharing knowledge with Public Sector client teams, particularly those with limited agile development experience.