A Product Manager is needed for an initial 6-month contract. You will lead the digital team to transition Ethnicity facts and figures from public beta on GOV.UK to live.
This is a great opportunity to work on a high-profile project with significant ministerial interest that has social impact and is underpinned by user needs.
What you will work on:
You will lead the evolution of the Ethnicity facts and figures website – improve both the publishing tool and the website so that we continue to meet the needs of our users. Work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team, primarily with front-end designer, developers, content designers and a user researcher. Overall responsibility for the product roadmap and the digital team.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven skills providing leadership and direction for your products
- Proven skills creating, maintaining, prioritising and delivering a product backlog and roadmap to direct the work of team
- Proven experience managing stakeholders across government and adapting to changing needs and evolving government landscape
- Proven experience representing the work of the digital team and demonstrating its contribution to overall organisation goals
- Experienced in meeting the Government’s Digital Service Standards, designing a service that meets government accessibility requirements
- Experienced advocating for the importance of agile, iterative and user-centred methods as set out in the Government Service Manual
- Proven skills writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Proven experience working closely with the developers to understand technical constraints and opportunities
- Proven experience of working closely with other team members on rapid prototyping and delivering at pace
- Proven experience planning user research priorities and sessions with user researcher
- Proven experience prioritising user needs (using qualitative and quantitative data) with the team and incorporating user research findings into prod
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Experience working on a high profile digital service with significant ministerial interest
- Experience managing digital specialist contractors
- Experience of working with policy teams
- Experience of working to the One Team Government principles