Our client, a forward thinking, aspirational organisation, is looking for an equally forward thinking, ambitious Change Manager for an initial 1-year FTC.
Whilst this will sit within ICT, this role is working across Transformation projects / programmes that fall across every areas of the organisation.
The role has been created to design, develop and deliver ICT and Transformation projects & programmes and support ICT and Transformation projects & programmes planning, effectively managing project or programme budgets, resource allocation, project & programme controls and risk.
- Excellent knowledge of programme, project and performance management techniques
- Experience delivering change and transformation across multiple work streams, not necessarily limited to ICT.
- How to structure projects to allow for timely decision-making
- Understanding and experience of various tools and approaches to reviewing and re-designing services to identify potential efficiencies and service improvements
- Ideally experience in some capacity within public sector / local government environment.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Ability to manage, lead and deliver a range of complex projects
- Ability to think strategically, both in the long term and in thinking about the needs of the whole organisation
- Practical problem solver, with a focus on efficiency, value for money and the effective management of conflicting priorities
- Ability to demonstrate resilience when facing contradicting priorities or demanding workloads
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Creative and innovative with ideas and approach
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation – and unafraid to constructively challenge
- Ability to communicate using a variety of mediums and methodologies including, written, oral, diagrammatical and visual to best suit the needs of the recipient
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with difficult situations.
- Experience of change and programme/project management, working on multi-million-pound complex business improvement, ICT or service transformation projects or programmes
- A good track record of benefits realisation analysis and risk management
- Experience of working closely with senior management, gaining credibility with that level of the organisation
- Leadership and management of a complicated and demanding programmes or projects
- Working within or for a local authority client and the democratic processes that influence decision making
- A sound understanding of political drivers for change
- A sound understanding of organisational culture and dealing with resistance to change.