A leading, diverse and ambitious Public sector organisation is looking for a first-class individual to take on the role as their new Business Intelligence Technical Lead.
Our client holds a wealth of data on service users, across multiple systems. Like all large organisations, they face challenges in capturing, structuring, updating and presenting this data in the most efficient and effective way and over the past 18 months have invested resources in several innovative projects as part of a Business Intelligence programme which have brought together datasets from multiple sources to offer new insights into our service users, demands and costs.
They are now looking to take our approach to the next level and have invested funding to put in place a permanent Business Intelligence team and the required technical infrastructure- at the heart of that team is the Business Intelligence Technical Lead.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of the technical infrastructure and the delivery of multiple projects and outputs.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of:
- Designing and developing a Microsoft Business Intelligence technical environment
- How to build new data sets and structures and managing the distribution, replication and archive of data
- Data Warehousing methodologies
- BI Cloud solutions
- Strong knowledge of programme, project and performance management techniques
- How to build strong networks and positive relationships across a large complex organisation and with partners
- Identifying, championing and delivering innovative BI solutions to meet business challenges
The environment is as follows:
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 2016, Analysis Services (SSAS), Relational Database, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Data Mining, Microsoft Power BI, Excellent TSQL Scripting
- Experience of delivering Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing technologies including user interfaces, particularly Microsoft BI technology
- Effective management of staff, contractors and suppliers in a multi-disciplinary team
- Management, leadership and delivery of complex projects and programmes within time and cost.
- Operating with credibility and gravitas at Head of Service and Director level.