Would you like to join our software development team in London solving real world problems in the built environment?
We are looking for a Web Developer- Angular to join our dynamic team on a permanent basis.
Some of the exciting projects you can expect to work on are:
• Building insight tools that help City Mayors deal with complex resilience problems in their cities.
• Working with engineers building tools that interface with IOT solutions so that tenants can interact with Smart Buildings.
• Working with our environmental and transport consultants helping to design analytics dashboard to minimise the impacts of new transport schemes.
You will be working for a world class organisation in an exciting and challenging team environment and alongside a team of developers, analysts and designers you will:
• Contribute to creating innovative solutions for real world problems
• Help architect new solutions, write code for complex challenges and mentor more junior staff to help them understand how to solve their own technical problems.
• Keep abreast of the latest developments in web technology and be open to experimenting with them.
• Work broadly across the business on multiple projects at any given time.
Our Web Developer will have a broad range development skill and we would like to see some or all of the following:
• Modern frontend development, Angular / React / Node
• Cloud technologies, AWS / Azure
• Design and Data visualisation, D3.js
• Data processing, Python / SQL
• Spatial applications, leaflet.js / mapbox-gl / esri
• Best-practice development techniques, Git / Agile
• Experience in a technical adviser role on projects
• Experience leading projects and mentoring/supporting junior developers
Other useful skills:
• GIS, ESRI / QGIS
• WebGL, three.js
• Databases, PostgreSQL
• App development, React Native / Ionic
Our client offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to compliment your work/life balance and financial security. In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.