Our client, a world leader in data and statistics, is looking for a first-class Web Developer for their internal Development team.
You will work as part of their in-house development team in Digital, you’ll lead the technical development of a key national reporting programme.
The role will involve some international travel and they are developing this project in the open- details of the code can be requested and will be sent as part of the application process.
As a member of the team, you’ll share responsibility for:
- The website
- Their developer sites
- Their performance dashboard
- Their CMS
The successful candidate will thrive using agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team of front-end developers, back-end developers, web ops engineers, UX designers, user researcher, service manager, product owners and performance analyst.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the development of the UK platform
- Build accessible interfaces to web services to serve a variety of needs, taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce
- Build automated tests to support our continuous integration environment
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with your team (both developers and non-developers) and with the wider software engineer community
Skills and experience needed:
- Experience in building robust and accessible interfaces that work for as many users as possible, regardless of their needs
- Experience of backend development, including the build, deployment and management of production infrastructure and services
- Strong communication skills, with a particular interest in meeting and collaborating with a range of technical and non-technical international partners
- Understanding of agile working environments and version control
- Knowledge of technologies used for web applications, e.g. HTTPS, JSON and CDNs, and use of Unix-like operating systems, e.g. Linux and/or Mac OS
Keeping your data safe…