Equal Opportunities Policy
The Resourcing Hub is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity as an employer with regard to our policies and practices for employees and potential employees. No employee or applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, working practices or whether they have HIV and/or AIDS.
This policy covers all areas of employment: recruitment and selection, terms and conditions, promotion, transfer, training and appraisal.
The policy outlines what we mean by discrimination and harassment, what sort of behaviours and attitudes we wish to promote, and also what procedures and actions you can take if you feel you have been discriminated against, victimised or harassed.
The Resourcing Hub recognises that discrimination exists and, as an employer, is committed to ensuring that such behaviour and attitudes are eliminated.
Discrimination and harassment will not be tolerated and will be dealt with under our disciplinary procedures. Embedded within The Resourcing Hub’s value and ethos are the basic principles of fairness and valuing the contribution of all our employees.
By virtue of the fact that you work for The Resourcing Hub, we already expect you to manage yourself professionally at all times. While I’m sure this is considered common sense, you should note that we will not tolerate behaviour such as:
- making threats
- physical violence
- swearing at others persistent rudeness
- isolating, ignoring or refusing to work with certain people telling offensive jokes or name calling
- displaying offensive material such as pornography or sexist / racist
- cartoons, or the distribution of such material via email / text message or any other forma
- any other forms of harassment or vict
In addition to our own policy, there are various pieces of legislation that we will abide by in relation to discrimination and harassment, primarily being the Equality Act 2010. This imposes a duty on employers to make reasonable adjustments in cases where working arrangements or physical features of premises cause substantial disadvantage for a person with a disability. The Resourcing Hub will therefore:
- provide the necessary equipment and facilities for employees, applicants and interviewees with disabilities to enable them to participate successfully in the w
- provide job applicants with details of the vacant job, e. job description, person specification, application form and information about The Resourcing Hub, in alternative formats.
- make suitable provisions and adjustments for interviews and where successful candidates are appointe
- If an employee suffers an injury or illness which affects their ability to do the job, we will provide paid disability leave (which will not be counted as sick leave), offer counselling and support and facilitate any adjustments necessary to enable the employee to return to work. This may include a reallocation of duties, flexibility of working hours and adjustments to equipment. Full consultation on the most suitable arrangements will be held with the employee.
Should an employee believe they have experienced harassment, bullying or discrimination then they may either attempt to resolve the matter informally or invoke the formal complaint procedure.
All cases will be taken seriously, dealt with quickly and treated with the utmost confidence. Employees are advised to seek the advice of either their line manager; or if this is not appropriate given the nature of the complaint the Company Director Byron Calmonson. If this is felt to be an inappropriate route, then an employee should raise their complaint with one of the Group Partners.
Whilst we do not wish to deter individuals who wish to make genuine complaints, it should be noted that vindictive or vexatious complaints will be viewed seriously and will be dealt with under the disciplinary procedure.
Equally unacceptable is the threat of making an unfounded complaint of discrimination or harassment.
Sales Director – The Resourcing Hub Limited